So, you’re engaged! Congratulations, now it’s time to pick your DFW Wedding Venue!
Now, are you wondering where to start? How to start planning and what to look for? We can help. For most couples, picking a DFW wedding venue is the first place to start. It will likely set the tone (or fit what you’ve been dreaming about) for the style of your big day, and allow you to start to research additional vendors based on what you’ll need in the space.
Searching for a DFW Wedding Venue can be challenging! There are so many wonderful locations to select from within the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex, all created with different styles and budgets in mind. When narrowing down your list, here are a few things you should look for.
- Start by selecting a date (or a couple of dates that you’d be happy with). If this is a deal-breaker – this is definitely an important place to start qualifying venues and selecting them as options. To check available dates at The Cinnamon Barn, simply fill out our contact form and let us know what you’re looking for. We will be in touch in no time to tell you if the space is available.
- Decide whether you’ll need more than one venue. Are you looking for a venue that has designated separate spaces for the ceremony and reception? A venue only for the reception? A venue with overnight accommodations? What will accommodate all of your needs, your future spouse’s needs, and the needs of your guests? Luckily, at The Cinnamon Barn we have a number of options available to you. From an indoor-only ceremony and reception to an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, we have it all.
- Determine the estimated number of guests. This too can simply rule out a number of options and save you from falling in love with a venue that doesn’t meet your needs. At The Cinnamon Barn, our maximum occupancy is 300 guests. Depending on your wants and needs, we’ll advise you to suggest the ideal guest count within these parameters.
- Determine your overall budget and your venue budget. Wedding budgets are all over the map, and largely determined by the venue and the number of guests you’d like to include. On average the venue typically ranges between 30-40% of the total wedding budget. To figure out what your wedding venue budget is, take your total wedding budget and multiply it by .35 – once complete, you’ll have a benchmark to know what to start looking for. The Cinnamon Barn ranges from $6000-$8500 on the weekends and varies largely depending on the month of the year. We do also offer weekday/night availability.
- Think about your location. Where are the majority of your guests coming from? Do you need lodging accommodations nearby? If you are planning specific lodging, consider shuttle service to and from to truly offer your guests a stress-free experience.
- Determine your theme/style. For most couples, one or both of you have been dreaming about your wedding day, and what it looks like and feels like. Choosing a venue can largely determine the style of your event. When your venue search begins, decide if you’re looking for a blank slate for you to fully customize, something that already reflects your style, or somewhere in between. In most cases, couples are looking for a beautiful space that has some personality but will still allow for customizations that reflect your style and can make your dream event come to life. At The Cinnamon Barn, there is a level of elegant, approachable, sophistication that is versatile with many different color palettes and styles.
- Estimate the extras. As you can probably already imagine, the extras can add up quickly. It’s important when you start looking at your venue options, to look at what is included in your rental and what you’ll need to rent and hire for. Some venues include or offer an option for table rentals, partnerships with select vendors, chairs, and more. On your venue tour, be sure to ask about what is included in your rental and about our preferred vendor list. We would be happy to recommend trusted vendors who can help you bring your vision to life.
- Ask about the timeline. Most venues have similar rental time periods and offer additional hours upon request. Asking about this upfront will prevent you from running into delivery and clean-up time restrictions leading up to your event. At The Cinnamon Barn, we include 12 hours in your standard rental rate, but offer extended hours upon request.
- Look around for the perfect photo opps. No shame, go ahead look around and visualize where you’ll have your first dance photo, the cake-cutting photo, what you’ll see when you’re walking down the aisle, and where your large group shots will take place. Do you have options for indoor and outdoor photos? Keep in mind, that as weather can be unpredictable in Texas, you’ll want to make sure you’re happy with the backup option, just in case.
- Ask about the nitty-gritty details. Although not as fun as simply taking in the beautiful space, you’ll need to make a list of the nitty-gritty details that are important to you. Here are a few of the most common to consider:
- What decor options are there. Are you able to bring in your own?
- How many tables and chairs are included, if any?
- What other rental items are recommended or allowed?
- Is there space for small vignettes of furniture?
- Are animals allowed on site?
- What rules are in place concerning music (DJ’s and bands)
- Are there additional charges for cleanup or is it included in the rental cost?
- Is there a preferred shuttle or valet service that can be recommended?
- Is there an option to take bridal portraits at the venue at a different time?
- Is there a preferred (or required) vendor list for all of the other necessary vendors?
- What is required of the additional vendors who are brought in (ie. additional insurance requirements, etc.)?
- Is a planner recommended?
- What is the inclement weather option if an outdoor ceremony is planned?
- What are the alcohol and security options and/or requirements?
- What is the rehearsal schedule/option?
In regards to The Cinnamon Barn, you can stop by our Frequently Asked Questions page to find out the answers to the above questions. Of course, we will also be able to answer any additional questions or concerns on your venue tour. To visit the frequently asked questions page, click here. To schedule your Cinnamon Barn tour, click here.
In general, finding your DFW Wedding Venue after your engagement can feel like an overwhelming task, but you should keep in mind that this should be a fun activity with your soon-to-be spouse! Make the most of it, search together and narrow down a list of prospective options that fit your needs. Tour your favorites and have fun doing it. Enjoy the planning process for your big day!